Sunday, September 11, 2011

Today I thought that I would take time to sit down and write about my knitting and crocheting bag. For the past 6 years I have been using a backpack. Which worked okay, except that things got lost easily at the bottom of my bag, yarn tangled and there wasn't really much organization. Then the zipper in my backpack started to snag projects and I knew it was time for a new bag!

I searched the web and found a few choices and settled on Jordana Paige's messenger bag. I was so excited and checked my mailbox everyday. When it came I was like a kid at Christmas. I thought carefully about what I liked to always have on hand with me and then loaded my essentials. I had had it for about 3 days when I noticed this seam coming undone on one of the zippered pockets. Ahh, my new bag!! I thought I was going to have take everything out and send it back....I was really disappointed and frustrated. These kind of things happen to my husband and I regularly. It seems we do not have the best of luck sometimes (eg. we really wanted one of those outdoor cloth gazebos, that you see people relaxing in on hot summer days, sipping their iced tea in. So we searched and found the perfect one, set it up on our back deck and enjoyed it thoroughly for 2 months. Then we got a freak rainstorm on Canada day. It was like the heavens opened up and dumped a giant bucket of water on us and down went our beautiful gazebo).

So when I sent this picture to Jordana Paige, I wasn't expecting to hear back from them. Low and behold, they emailed me back that same day! They told me that they were going to send me a new bag and that I didn't even have to send the first one back. I couldn't believe what I had just read! So I kept my stuff in my old bag until the new one came in the mail. I am so happy with my new bag!! My knitting and crocheting has never been so organized!! Now if only she would develop some type of storage for my yarn stash downstairs ;)  Here are some pictures of my new messenger bag from Jordana Paige.
The flap has variegated yarn woven on it. 

The inside of the flap has a clear pocket to slide your pattern into. 
There is a large project pocket, with a large zippered notions pocket. The notions pocket has another padded pocket in it which you could use for your cell phone if you have an iphone or larger phone like that. I use it for my crochet hooks.
The front zippered part has lots of storage for needles and a small zippered notions pouch that unsnaps from the  bag.










Even a deep pocket on the back(I just propped the book up to make it stand out).






No comments:

Post a Comment